Instant Pot Sriracha Brussel Sprouts in 4 Minutes
Spicy brussel sprouts...yes please! Brussel sprouts in 4 minutes? Um.... totally! Now, not trying to get one over on you by saying prep to table is in only 4 minutes (you will still need to wash and slice each little green sprout individually), but once you get the prep out of the way, the Instant Pot makes quick work of steaming the sprouts to perfection in 4 minutes.
Typically, before the Instant pot, if i made brussel sprouts I would pan fry them in bacon grease and other seasonings. Although I don't mind still cooking them that way, it definitely took longer than 4 minutes to get them the right amount of soft (meaning not overcooking so you end up chewing on something similar to a chunk of soggy toilet paper) vs. the right amount of firm (meaning not under cooking so avoid chewing on whats like a styrofoam tree twig). I found a few recipes online and modified them to my own perfect amount of heat, so don't forget you can do the same.
· Brussel Sprouts, 1.5-2lbs, ends trimmed and sliced in halves (keep all of the loose leaves!)
· Soy sauce, 1/4 cup
· Sriracha, 2 TBSP or to your liking
· Olive Oil, 2 TBSP
· Sesame Oil, 2 TBSP
· Garlic Powder, 2 TSP
· Onion Powder, 2 TSP
· Paprika, 2 TSP
· Cayenne pepper, 1 TSP
· Optional ingredients: bacon, almonds, red pepper flakes (for more heat)
Using the Instant Pot
The next few steps are super easy..... so if you mess it up then there is no cooking hope for you!
- Add brussel sprouts to Instant Pot
- Add all ingredients, spices, oils, everything to the pot
- Stir very well to evenly coat and be careful not to splash any in your eyes
- Place the lid on, choose Manual, and select 4 minutes
- Manually release steam as soon as its done so you don't get a brussel sprout stew
- Mix well, serve, and enjoy!
I paired mine with a nice marinated and grilled flank steak. Leftovers the next day in the microwave were also great.
And, that's it! I hope you enjoy this dish and can use it to impress your family and friends ~
Do you have any tips or experiences you'd like to share about making this dish? Please comment below!